CD ORDER HERE: www.paradigms-recordings.com/store.html
© 2015 Paradigms Recordings, London, UK
REVIEW BY "MERCHANTS OF AIR" - www.merchantsofair.com/reviews/gamardah-fungus-hidden-by-the-leaves
This is our seventh album. And it is dedicated to works that in different periods of our lives greatly influenced our world view and way of life, opened up new horizons and provided food for thought.
It is fiction, historical, philosophical, esoteric and sometimes even mystical literature.
Below are detailed explanations for each track (or book) of this album.
01. Internal Alchemy or Neidan - is an array of esoteric doctrines and physical, mental, and spiritual practices that Taoist initiates use to prolong life and create an immortal spiritual body that would survive after death. Internal alchemy combines theories derived from external alchemy (Waidan), correlative cosmology, the emblems of the Yijing and medical theory with techniques of Daoist meditation, daoyin gymnastics, and sexual hygiene. Fundamental treatises on Neidan were created by Wei Boyang - famous Taoist of II century, who has reached immortality, according to legends.
02. Utopia - is a work of fiction and political philosophy by Thomas More (1478–1535) published in 1516 in Latin. The book is a frame narrative primarily depicting a fictional island society and its religious, social and political customs. Title of this book has come to mean something ideal, but fantastic & impossible to reach, a dream. Now it is a nominal term for the entire genre.
03. Also Sprach Zarathustra - is a philosophical novel by German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche, composed in four parts between 1883 and 1885 and published between 1883 and 1891. Much of the work deals with ideas such as the "eternal recurrence of the same", the parable on the "death of God", and the "prophecy" of the Übermensch, which were first introduced in his work "The Gay Science".
04. Hidden By The Leaves or Hagakure - is a practical and spiritual guide for a warrior, drawn from a collection of commentaries by the samurai Yamamoto Tsunetomo. The book records Tsunetomo's views on bushido, the warrior code of the samurai. Hagakure is sometimes said to assert that bushido is really the "Way of Dying" or living as though one was already dead, and that a samurai must be willing to die at any moment in order to be true to his lord. His saying "the way of the warrior is death" was a summation of the willingness to sacrifice that bushido codified.
05. Bardo Thodol - is the fundamental work of Buddhism literature, which many of us know as the Tibetan Book of the Dead. Contains a detailed description of the state-stages (bardo), through which, according to the Tibetan Buddhist tradition, passes human consciousness since the process of physical death and before the next incarnation in a new form. For each stage are given specific recommendations. This book associated with certain tantric practitioners of the Nyingma Tibetan Buddhism school.
© All tracks by Igor Yalivec & Sergey Yagoda.
2015, Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine